▪ Second quarter 2020 reported net sales of $1.3 billion increased 8.6% compared to the second quarter of 2019.
▪ Excluding the impact of foreign exchange rates, net sales increased 14.1% during the second quarter compared to 2019, excluding the impact from Venezuela.
▪ The second quarter 2020 represents the largest quarterly reported net sales result in Company history.
▪ Second quarter 2020 volume points of 1.7 billion, also a quarterly record for the Company, increased 12.4% compared to the second quarter 2019.
▪ Second quarter 2020 reported diluted EPS of $0.82 and adjusted1 earnings of $0.95 per diluted share, compared to $0.54 per diluted share and $0.70 per adjusted2 diluted share, respectively, for the second quarter 2019, which were negatively impacted in 2020 by expenses of approximately $2.3 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, and in second quarter 2019 of $4.0 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, related to the China Growth and Impact Investment Program.
“Our record results reflect the effort of our distributors. They worked hard to respond to increasing demand for quality nutrition products and to meet the needs of individuals seeking economic opportunity.” – John Agwunobi, Chairman and CEO of Herbalife Nutrition
▪ Given the continuing impact of COVID-19 on our business and the rapidly evolving landscape in response to these pandemic conditions, we are not providing guidance at this time.
Regional Volume Points
▪ The extent and duration of business disruption and related financial impact from the COVID-19 pandemic cannot be reasonably estimated at this time but could materially impact our business, financial condition and consolidated results for the third quarter and full year 2020. The Company will periodically reassess its ability to provide guidance as and when we believe the impact of the pandemic can be reasonably estimated.
Earnings Conference Call
Herbalife Nutrition senior management will host an investor conference call to discuss its recent financial results and provide an update on current business trends on Thursday, August 6th, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. PT (5:30 p.m. ET).
The dial-in number for this conference call for domestic callers is (833) 962-1459, and (956) 394-3596 for international callers (conference ID: 8122178). Live audio of the conference call will be simultaneously webcast in the investor relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.Herbalife.com.
An audio replay will be available following the completion of the conference call in MP3 format or by dialing (855) 859-2056 for domestic callers or (404) 537-3406 for international callers (conference ID: 8122178). The webcast of the teleconference will be archived and available on Herbalife Nutrition’s website.
About Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
Herbalife Nutrition is a global company that has been changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and a proven business opportunity for its independent members since 1980. The Company offers high-quality, science-backed products, sold in over 90 countries by entrepreneurial members who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through the Company’s global campaign to eradicate hunger, Herbalife Nutrition is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com.
Herbalife Nutrition also encourages investors to visit its investor relations website at ir.herbalife.com as financial and other information is updated and new information is posted.