With the upcoming launch of the Infinix ZERO 5G powered by MediaTek Dimensity 900, positioned to be one of the most affordable 5G smartphones in the Philippines today, 5G is poised to become even more accessible. While it will enable faster internet speeds, unprecedented capacity, low latency, and quality, 5G is also considered the gateway technology that can advance the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and exciting technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), automation, and robotics, among others, and transform the way we live and work. Here are five great possibilities that 5G will unlock:
- A more immersive gaming experience. Enhanced mobile broadband improves mobile users’ experience, especially for data-heavy, immersive gaming experiences. Once it becomes more mainstream, 5G will provide better next-generation gaming experiences such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and even those emerging in the metaverse.
- Improved connectivity for your entertainment. 5G offers 1-10gbps, a significant leap from 4G’s maximum speed of 150mbps. Besides speedier movie downloads and smooth video streaming, 5G will give better video and audio quality for more interactive and realistic entertainment experiences.
- Better and faster access to information for social services. With the deployment of 5G, networks will become more interconnected, providing Filipinos more access to online education and social services such as healthcare. Teleconsultation will evolve from simply allowing patients to have virtual checkups with their doctors and having their vital signs and other indicators like blood sugar and pressure checked remotely. Once it has been rolled out to more areas of the country, 5G will even enable doctors to explore the use of AR, VR, and robots during complex surgeries.
- Enhanced operational effectiveness. Companies continuously look for cost-effective ways to innovate operations to provide better service and products to cope with customers’ ever-changing needs.One way is by embracing automation and 5G-driven technologies to help businesses reduce operational costs and be more efficient through intelligent factories for manufacturing, human-to-robot collaboration, and predictive maintenance.
- A faster and more efficient transportation system. Other countries have already rolled out 5G-enabled smart cars, allowing vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications. The V2X helps reduce driving time and provides a safer environment for pedestrians and cyclists through advanced sensors.
On the other hand, logistics will become more connected, as 5G enables autonomous vehicles and faster and simplified communications. Urban transportation will also be improved to encourage commuters to take public transport and potentially reduce traffic congestion.
For more information about the ZERO 5G as well as other Infinix products, visit the Infinix website or follow: